Coronavirus (COVID-19) Policy Statement – Keeping our staff, members and visitors safe
The health and well-being of members and staff is our highest priority. Rules and restrictions will be in place to protect everyone and not contribute to the spread of the virus. These are rules that we have to comply with in order to be permitted to open. Government guidance requires us to implement social distancing (2m, or 1m with risk mitigation where 2m is not viable) inside and outside the club where possible and the necessary hygiene and health and safety protocols for as long as required. We will continually monitor the guidelines and advice and react accordingly to any changes.
We will actively encourage everyone to follow Government advice and guidelines with respect to the social distancing rules. Seating has been rearranged to create the recommended spacing between customers and working areas. There will be enhanced cleaning of public areas and hand sanitisation facilities. Members are asked not to visit the club if they are unwell or showing symptoms of coronavirus. We also ask our members to be understanding through what will be a complete change in the norm for us all and to respect staff and each other whilst at the club. We will not be operating a booking system. Entry will be on a ‘first come first served’ basis and there will be no time limit on your visit, but if you cannot adhere to the rules, you will be asked to leave.
- Please use the hand sanitiser facilities on entering the club and before and after visiting the toilets or using the gaming machine.
- On entry to the club, you will need to sign in and provide contact details. We are required to keep these records for ‘track and trace’ purposes.
- Government guidance requires us to maintain social distancing inside and outside the club wherever possible. Social distancing applies to all parts of the club, including entrances, exits, toilets and outdoor areas.
- Indoor gatherings are limited to members of two households or support bubbles, while outdoor gatherings are limited to members of two households or support bubbles or a group of at most six people from any number of households.
- The tables and benches are set out and should not be moved. Everyone indoors must be seated at a table. People are permitted to stand outside if distanced appropriately, but groups should not ‘mingle’. Members are encouraged to use the outside facilities where there is a lower risk.
- As much ventilation as possible will be maintained indoors to minimise risk.
- Whether you are indoors or outdoors, please use the toilets adjacent to the main clubroom and observe social distancing.
- The President’s Lounge seating and toilets will be reserved, where possible, for our more vulnerable members.
- If you are seated or standing outdoors, please be aware that in the event of adverse weather conditions, you will not be able to shelter indoors unless social distancing can be maintained.
- Indoor space has been configured to maintain social distancing where appropriate and will be reconfigured for selected sports broadcasts to ensure members are seated rather than standing.
- Please order and pay for your drinks at the screened bar area. You should not remain at the bar after ordering and making payment.
- Table service will be used where possible, otherwise please collect your drinks from the designated collection point.
- When moving around the club, please avoid touching surfaces unnecessarily and don’t lean on counters or the bar.
- Children must be supervised and remain with their parents at all times. They should not move around the clubhouse unaccompanied or visit the toilet facilities in pairs or groups.
WELCOME BACK TO STREETLY SPORTS CLUB
(Membership cards will need to be shown)